Principal Sustainability Consultant
London / Flexible Working
Are you an experienced consultant who can take leadership in the low carbon transformation of the built environment, looking for a great new role!
We're looking for a Principal Sustainability Consultant to develop low carbon energy strategies and broader sustainability strategies for major new developments and the infrastructure that supports them. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Taking a leading role in business development and building client relationships.
- Project management and the management of resource to achieve deliverables.
- Leading and contributing to projects including developing energy and sustainability strategies for major developments.
- Delegating work to junior staff and managing delivery.
- Delivering high quality, clearly written outputs.
- Thought leadership and contributing to the continued growth of our cients sustainability team.
- A detailed knowledge of the measures and systems for reducing operational and embodied carbon emissions within the built environment, including energy demand reduction, renewable energy generation and smarter energy system design
- An understanding of energy demand and comfort modelling in homes and other building types.
- An awareness of building certification methods (HQM, BREEAM, WELL etc)
- An understanding of the UK policy and regulatory framework relating to energy use and sustainability of buildings
- Real-world experience of developing energy and sustainability strategies for major new developments from early masterplanning through all stages of design
- Experience of preparing energy and sustainability statements for planning applications and representing clients in discussions with planning authorities
- Experience in project and client management
- Experience of working with clients and managing resource towards the delivery of projects
- An ability to communicate effectively, be client-facing and able to write concise and clear reports and proposals to a publishable standard
- Experience of mentoring and line management
Why this role?
Our client is very committed to helping its employees achieve a healthy work-life balance, they actively celebrate flexible working and would be happy to discuss a working arrangement to suit you. You will also receive a competitive salary, 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.