Principal - Associate Transport Planner - Transport and Planning
ALLEN & YORK have been appointed by an international engineering and project management consultancy in the transport and planning sector, to source a qualified and experienced individual to fill the role of Principal Transport Planner. You will be working directly with and reporting to the Director Advisory group and will be capable in managing project teams and junior staff members. As part of the Transport team you will already have a passion for Transport related work and will provide strategic advice for both public and private clients.
Responsibilities & Scope of Role, not limited to:
- Scheme Appraisal
- Transport Economics
- Transport Surveys
- Traffic Engineering
- Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, Transport Statements
You will also have responsibilities to liaise with the wider network, engineers, clients and teams involved in large development proposals. You will be rewarded with career progression and support to achieve your ambition after demonstrating technical competence and ability to manage both people and projects with a can-do approach.
- Management and production of technical studies
- Managing other transport projects as these arise and ensuring outputs are delivered on time and within agreed budget
- Project manage small projects.
- Knowledge of analytical software programs such as ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, the TRICS database and MS OFFICE.
- Also desirable to have an understanding of other analytical software programs such as CUBE, SATURN, VISSIM, AIMSUN, or similar
- Preparation of fee proposals
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- BSc/BEng/MEng/MSc in relevant subject
- Extensive experience in the Transport Planning industry
- Experience in preparing Transport Assessments/Travel Plans
- Experience of managing junior staff as part of a project team
- Commercially aware
- Excellent Client management skills
We look forward to receiving your application. For a full job disclosure, then please contact David Ward at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.