Based in their Manchester city centre office, this will be a role at the centre of my clients responsibility to deliver innovative and practical solutions to their clients’ real world problems. You will work with their diverse range of clients across the UK and possibly the Middle-East.
You will build upon your existing significant experience in transport modelling and appraisal and managing teams of modellers to deliver projects to benefit both their clients and the company. You will have opportunities to work on a diverse range of projects from nationally and regionally important strategic models to helping them build on their growing capability and experience of 'big data' working alongside other companies at the forefront of new approaches to modelling.
An experienced transport modeller, you’ll have an excellent track record in the field already.
You will confidently take day-to-day responsibility to lead a varied workload of projects, supervising colleagues, project managing, ensuring achievement of financial goals and contributing strongly to the technical content and delivery. You will be expected to foster close working relationships with both your network of colleagues and your clients. You will also be expected to contribute to the wider management of the Transport Planning team including line management responsibilities, coaching/mentoring and playing a full role in business development.
You will have commitment to ongoing personal development and the development of others, providing the benefit of your significant experience and understanding of the transport planning profession.
Role specific Responsibilities:
• Manage and lead a range of strategic modelling projects and work closely with the TD and other members of staff both within and outside Transport Planning;
• Develop and implement modelling and economic assessment methodologies in consultation with TD;
• Assist the senior colleagues on modelling and appraisal methods and provide advice to independent teams;
• Assist the senior colleagues to implement technical quality procedures across the team;
• Deliver strategic modelling projects to programme and budget;
• Provision of proactive leadership to secure all round collaborative, cooperative and harmonious working relationships, with clients, colleagues, and staff.
• Assist the senior colleagues with providing career development support to team members;
• Ensure the effective management of project delivery in line with agreed objectives, timescales, costs and other KPI’s.
• Deliver to agreed personal targets.
• Prepare high quality reports and technical notes.
• Keep up to date with developments in areas of professional expertise.
• Actively contribute towards other duties across the Business Unit e.g.: health & safety, quality, training, Client feedback etc.
• Develop scope of work, timescales and budget expectations. Identify potential for change to agreed delivery outcomes.
• Resolve problems or issues to support the delivery of projects or design objectives, ensuring that deliverables conform with the project manager’s requirements.
ABOUT YOUWe are seeking individuals who understand our values and express commitment to them. We want our staff to strive continuously to innovate in how they perform and work with our clients and to deliver excellence.
This a permanent role with excellent career prospects for an enthusiastic and energetic person.
You will have;
• Numerate first degree in Transport, Mathematics, Geography, Civil Engineering, Planning or a related subject (essential).
• MSc in Transport Planning/Engineering (desirable).
• Ideally Chartered Professional (CEng, MRTPI, TPP or CMILT) status (desirable)
• Experience as a transport modeller, with an excellent track record in the field.
• You should be conversant with the appropriate guidance on the assessment of transport schemes and familiar with the role of related disciplines (essential)
• Wide experience, on a number of projects, of various strategic modelling program suites; such as SATURN, VISUM, Cube/Voyager, EMME etc (essential);
• Ideally experience of highway scheme appraisal and current economic modelling software including, COBA, QUADRO, MyRIAD and TUBA (desirable);
• Ideally experience in the use of micro-simulation models such as PARAMICS, VISSIM (desirable).
• The ability to advise on the design of modelling studies and lead their management and delivery (essential)
• You should have experience managing a varied workload of project including supervising colleagues and ensuring financial goals are achieved (essential)
• You should have team leadership experience including line management, mentoring and business development (essential)
• Expert knowledge of transport modelling theory and methods, data collection, analytical techniques and appraisal methods (essential);
• A clear and comprehensive understanding of UK Government transport planning policies and guidance, including WebTAG and DMRB (essential);
• You should be proficient in Word and Excel. (essential)
• Experience of working with public and private sector clients would be advantageous (desirable)
• Proven ability of working within a team environment in undertaking large strategic modelling projects and contributing towards the preparation of key deliverables (essential);
• You should be highly numerate with strong problem solving skills (essential)
• You should have a proven capability to communicate clearly (essential)
• You should have the ability to work under minimum supervision (essential)
• Experience of delivering projects within company project management, safety health and environmental systems and processes would be advantageous (desirable)