Principal Wastewater Modeller
UK - WEST MIDLANDS
Your overall role will be to provide technical leadership and guidance to a team in the delivery of large / complex wastewater projects to ensure accurate and efficient project delivery for internal and external clients. The role includes technical and financial project management and ensuring project delivery. You will be part of our high performing well balanced teams operating from our office in the West Midlands, but with a requirement to also support our operation from other offices.
Providing technical capability in delivering network modelling on wastewater projects as part of a project team. Role includes:
- Wastewater Catchment Planning
- Integrated Catchment Planning
- Feasibility studies / options development.
- Asset performance assessments / Root Cause Analysis.
- Support the Technical Manager in the delivery of large / complex Wastewater projects.
Key Accountabilities include
- Technical guidance / leadership to the project team
- Client liaison and report preparation
- Assist in the preparation of proposals within current frameworks and the development of additional clients
- Financial management of projects to ensure profitable delivery
- Management of sub-contractors including supplier selection, performance appraisal and invoice approval
- Work closely with clients to ensure projects are delivered to their expectations in terms of quality, time and budget
- Management responsibilities for team including continual professional development, and control of staff resources within the business to ensure project delivery
- Work with Divisional and Technical Managers to identify staffing requirements and take an active role in the recruitment of new staff in order to develop the teams
- Raise the profile of the company through attendance and presentation at technical and commercial conferences and preparation of papers and press releases
- Develop and maintain project related Health and Safety strategies including risk assessments. Operate in accordance with the corporate health and safety, environment and quality standards and ensure the project team comply with such standards
- Work may require travel in the UK or abroad to offices and site.
You will ideally hold a relevant degree, and be progressing towards professional membership of an applicable institution. You will have a broad understanding of wastewater asset management within the UK Water Industry and be experienced in the production of models for catchment planning studies. You will be highly skilled in the use of InfoWorks CS software and have a working knowledge of ICM. A full UK Driving Licence is advantageous. You will have good presentation, written and verbal communication skills in English. You will have the ability to work on your own initiative on technical matters, and willing provide coaching and mentoring to others within the team. Good IT skills are paramount (in particular MS Office), as well as the ability to pick up new, client specific software. This role is client facing, so professionalism and excellent communication skills are a must. You must be flexible – able to work alone and as part of a team.
For more information, please contact Tom Bullen on 01202 888 986. We look forward to hearing from you!