An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Principal ecologist based in Belfast. The successful candidate will have what it takes to mentor and manage a team of highly skilled ecologists whilst working on high profile and pioneering projects. you must be motivated in business development and expansion and have a clear understanding of the current market place.
Within this role you will be expected to oversee the completion of a diverse range of projects, from large scale, down to small community based schemes. No matter how large the project, you will be expected to liaise with clients and gain thorough understanding of their needs. You must be able to communicate this back clearly and effectively to your team and ensure the clients brief is brought to fruition. You will be given the lead on projects allowing you to make the ecological decisions and take control of your own work.
The job will involve a large portion of field work, therefore it is vital that the successful candidate is well versed in modern survey techniques.
Our client recognises individuals specialities and work preferences, therefore you will be able to have influence over projects you work. They are keen to encourage diversification of skills and develop well rounded ecologists, therefore it is vital that you are willing to share your skills to help the development of your peers.
As the successful applicant, you will be part of a 50 strong ecology workforce. Our client Is an award winning consultancy with many projects considered industry leading examples. Our client is growing in size fast, making this an incredibly exciting time to join.
Our client is happy to Support phased relocation and provides cars or car allowances, even for personal use.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in ecological consultancy prefered
- Bat survey and mitigation experience AND/OR HRA/EcIA expertise.
- Experience of working projects in a diverse range of sectors.
- Effective communication of colleague, client and stakeholder communication.
- A personal and professional interest in UK Wildlife.
- Commercial awareness of the industry.
- Desire to manage and mentor a team.
- Enthusiastic about business development and growth.
- A degree and/ or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- A Full UK driving licence is required for this position
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com