Allen & York's infrastructure team are again working on behalf of a large international infrastructure specialist, to grow their central London team in response to work won on a major project. These positions are offered exclusively by Allen & York.
We are conducting a major round of recruitment into the London technical, project management and project finance teams. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an EPC organisation during a major growth period. You will gain exposure on the full lifecycle of the project, from pre construction to post handover. Opportunities are on offer here with this company that are seldom found in the UK domestic market.
- Reporting to the Project Director to develop sound direct procurement strategies for linear infrastructure projects.
- Identify competitive international pricing and secure sub-contractor's goods and services.
- Forecast costs and sub-contractors input needed for major international infrastructure projects.
- Work with the internal Engineering and QS teams to develop budgets and bills of quantity.
- Support bidding documentation and invitations to tender. Adjust budgets as necessary.
- Negotiate scope of service provided by sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Evaluate lease or buy alternatives for plant etc.
- Take an active role in preparation of contracts and other documentation with suppliers.
- Arrange the logistics, shipping, insurance and customs for good and services worldwide.
- Work closely with QS, Engineering and client teams as needed.
- Circa 10 years of experience within a similar role with infrastructure projects.
- Thorough knowledge of the procurement lifecycle and commercial outcomes.
- Solid numerical and data analysis skills using Excel.
- Appreciation of existing and developing construction techniques, specifically within linear projects.
- Knowledge of regulations supporting procurement internationally and understanding of guidelines and legislation surrounding internal and external procurement.
- Proven experience leading and managing a commercial team.
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Foreign Language skills are a plus.
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing team with sole access to a major international infrastructure project, and would offer the successful candidate fantastic personal and professional development.
This role is available immediately and we will be appraising and progressing applications as soon as they are received. Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org. Further positions are available within this team, in the project planning, project finance and procurement sectors. If this role is not for you but you are interested in finding out more, please get in touch.