Allen & York is seeking to appoint a full-time Geo/Environmental Professional to be based in Reading to join a unique organisation in the contaminated land market.
Our client is an independent, not-for-profit organisation which develops best practice guidance, improves industry performance and promotes the work of its members. We are looking for an individual with a knowledge of the market, someone who may or may not have industry experience prior
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and reviewing DoW CoP Declarations.
- Liaising with Qualified Persons to ensure high-standards our project audit trails.
- Research and writing of DoW CoP case studies.
- Assisting with DoW CoP projects audits.
- Supporting the delivery of training provisions.
- Reviewing and updating website technical content.
- Presentation / promotion of DoW CoP and other initiatives at industry events.
- Managing general technical enquiries.
Knowledge and Skills:
- First degree in Earth or Environmental Sciences, or other relevant subject.
- MSc in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or other relevant subject, with focus on Contaminated Land preferred but not essential.
- Work experience in geo-environmental consultancy, preferably in the built environment with a contaminated land and / or geotechnical focus.
- Familiarity with contaminated land guidance and legislation.
- Highly numerate, with ability to understand and manage large datasets.
- Capability of producing written reports to a high standard, presenting technical information clearly and concisely.
- Good communication / presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and capable of some self-management.
- Membership of relevant Professional Institute preferred.
- Right to work in the UK without restriction.
This is an interesting opportunity to join an organisation that acts as an influential steering group in the market. This role is immediately available and we are looking to speak with candidates as soon as possible. Contact Tom Herbert for more information. 01202 888 986.