Global Multi-National Engineering Consultancy who deliver Professional Services throughout Project Life cycles, are seeking to appoint a Project Design Lead due to an increase in business
Are you a Design Engineer with strong analytical skills and experience in technical management and direction of water engineering projects? I have an exciting career role within my client's established Water team, based in Basingstoke.
You will work alongside their project managers and engineers throughout the project design and delivery cycle, taking technical decisions and managing the project design and delivery cycle, identifying the need for and managing design resources and specialist input across the client and their supply chain. The responsibility of mentoring technical design staff and managing stakeholder expectations will call for knowledge of crucial design processes and for excellent communication skills.
As a Project Design Lead, you will work closely with their Water and other supply discipline teams nationwide. You will be expected to manage project delivery, technical quality, contribute to projects and lead bids, manage and control budgets and interface with clients and collaborators in design and planning. You will drive efficiency, seek innovation and be responsible for overall delivery to my client and their clients
You will take ownership of key packages of work or whole projects and see delivery through from conception to handover. Some of these projects will be large-scale and prestigious cv-builders. You will also be required to contribute to and attend industry events and conferences.
- Water and wastewater networks and treatment design experience across feasibility, outline design, detailed design, construction support
- Membership of a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, ICE
- Demonstrable ability to coordinate, liaise and engage with clients and key stakeholders
- Provide mentoring, guidance and technical advice to support and supervise junior staff
- Significant experience in managing the technical delivery of large scale water and wastewater engineering projects with multi-disciplinary knowledge
- Strong commercial and risk management awareness with experience in monitoring and control of engineering budgets
- Experience working for contractors in a design and build environment
- Contractual skills and experience, e.g. NEC4
- Experience working in a digital delivery environment using BIM and 3D design tools
- Working understanding of programme planning software e.g. Microsoft Project or Primavera P6
- Project management qualifications e.g. APM, PMP
- Industry recognised Health and Safety qualifications
A degree or equivalent in a related engineering subject (e.g. civil, electrical, mechanical) and/or a project management background
Your benefits will include:
25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year.
For this immediate opportunity please forward an up to date cv to email@example.com
Telephone 07930 281226