A major global energy, planning and environmental consultancy are now seeking a Project Manager in Bedford to work on one of their Laboratories
The company's laboratory provides analytical services to the environmental services industry. It specialises in the analysis of pesticide and persistent organic pollutants, an area of growing importance as these can cause significant harm to people and the natural environment.
a 6-month fixed term contract to start ASAP.
- Manage the build phase of the laboratory facility covering:
- Mechanical and electrical installation, LEV, air conditioning and heating, building works, flooring, data networks, suspended ceilings, drainage, special gasses, access control, security, lighting etc.
- Project planning and delivery
- Site CDM coordination / Health & Safety
- Procurement of trades and services in line with design and budget requirements.
- Preferably educated at least to A level and/or hold appropriate professional qualifications. A good level of experience within the same or similar business sector
- CDM Regs
- NEBOSH Health & Safety
- Prince 2
Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience of site project management in the construction sector is essential. Ideally with experience of managing a scientific refurbishment or build of a laboratory facility.
- The ability to achieve demanding targets and deadlines.
- A proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience or an understanding of laboratories would be advantageous
- Be a comfortable communicator.
Competitive salary and benefits including:
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional free "Wellbeing Assessment"