ALLEN & YORK are again working with a unique organisation within the Contaminated Land market, to appoint a new Projects Officer/Geo Environmental Professional based in the team's head office.
This role is offered exclusively by ALLEN & YORK.
Our client is an industry-recognised body that develops best practise, improves industry performance and promotes the work of its 100+ member organisations. This role, which is offered initially as a 1 year term with the strong likelihood of an extension thereafter, would offer an individual with a solid basis within the UK Contaminated Land market a unique position and experience within the land management industry. This is not a consultancy type opportunity within a commercial group.
- Assisting the existing team on the audit of industry standard waste applications
- Liaising with internal and external team to ensure high standards of project audit trails.
- Research and drafting of case studies
- Supporting the delivery of training for member organisations
- Reviewing and updating website technical content
- Presentation and promotion of group initiatives at industry events and conferences
- Managing technical enquiries
Knowledge and Skills
- First degree in Environmental or Earth Sciences
- Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, Contaminated Land or similar would be advantageous but not essential
- Circa 2 years of experience in the UK Geo Environmental Consultancy market.
- Familiarity with contaminated land guidance and legislation
- Highly numerate, with the ability to understand and manage large datasets.
- Capable of producing written reports to a high standard.
- Membership of a relevant professional institute preferred.
This is a rare opportunity to gain a unique insight into the Contaminated Land market. This role is immediately available, and applications will be appraised as soon as they are received. Contact Tom Herbert at ALLEN & YORK for more details.