Property Negotiator (Onshore Wind, Paris)
Industry: Renewable energy - Wind turbines
At least a 3 to 5-year experience in a similar position
Permanent Contract - Paris, France - Immediate availability
The company is a pure player in the French wind turbine industry, taking part in every step of each project: development, financing, construction and operations.
As of early 2017, the company had commissioned c150MW; Moreover they got another 300MW currently in a development stage.
Backed by, a global wind turbine operator, which operates on a worldwide scale, company's ambition is to dramatically increase the wind portfolio in France and in Europe. In order to achieve this, the company are recruiting a Property Negotiator.
Job offer description:
You will report directly to the Director of Development and will be in charge of negotiating and obtaining property authorizations that will allow the implementation of all technical equipment necessary to set up a wind farm.
Your role is to guarantee the property aspects of the wind turbine projects, and as such your principal missions are:
- Searching for cadastral plans and matrices so as to identify the landowners of the lots needed for the project;
- Meeting with the landowners and owners to present the project and company's property documents in order to obtain their signature (lease pledge, setting up of easements for public and private domain);
- Conducting property negotiations until completion with landowners and owners, including communal land
- Maintaining contact with owners, even after acquiring their signature, to keep them informed of the different stages of development of the project;
- Renewing property agreements
- Organizing the legal and administrative process regarding the signing of final acts.
As an essential field player for the development of wind turbine projects, you will keep the project manager informed of your contacts and indicate the possible implementation changes that will be needed. You will also represent the company when meeting with local players, especially elected representatives. You independently manage your activity with the company's goals in mind.
Experience and skills
Excellent people and negotiating skills will be required, as you will have to create a trusting environment with different people throughout the projects. You have good listening skills and can rally team members.
Tenacity and thoroughness are necessary qualities for this position; knowledge of rural areas is a real asset.
You must have at least a 3-year experience in a similar position (Renewable energy, real estate etc.)
You must master IT tools.
Fluent French (according to the native standard), good command of English
This position requires frequent travelling throughout France.