Are you looking for a change?
If so, I have a great opportunity to join a growing manufacturing company of health, beauty and cosmetics products in the Gloucester Area.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer/Manager who can support focused quality issues and in the development and validation of manufacturing processes and cosmetic GMP to world class levels.
- To take appropriate responsibility for your own safety and that of others in the workplace
- To take a lead role in the development, also implement and manage the process / production validation system
- To generate and approve Work Instructions, Control plans and production aids along with any other production support documentation and train out to relevant personnel
- To investigate existing manufacturing quality issues, sometimes leading small teams, developing robust solutions to optimise production processes and customer satisfaction
- To lead the team introducing appropriate test programs for incoming raw materials in order to head off problems in production
- To be an active team leader/member supporting both quality and other teams
- To lead improvements on products, processes and materials, in order to support customer service, quality and cost reductions
- To be a key player in the development and maintenance of the company QMS system
- To work with inspection team, developing systems and work instructions that meet the growing volume and demand of the business
- To support the business in the following;
- Developing the supply base
- To act as quality contact for manufactured products raw material suppliers
- To take part in QMS, GMP Product and Process audits within SLG manufacturing sites and to establish key performance indicators (KPI's)
- To be involved in customer complaints, handling investigations into manufactured products and 'Globally' sourced factored products
- To introduce generic technical specifications for our core product families
- To develop material suppliers and subcontractors with regard to quality issues
- To support production staff:
- By ensuring that they are adequately trained in process work instructions and quality control techniques
- By assisting as required in induction of new employees with regard to quality standards
- To generally assist in other activities within the factory as directed and take on other responsibilities or tasks that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
- To take responsibility for own personal development, in line with agreed annual performance objectives
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- In depth Quality / Manufacturing knowledge and experience essential
- Ideally experienced in cosmetic GMP or similar regulated environement, with an awareness of ISO9001 regulations.
- Ideally degree level qualification in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years' process/quality experience preferably from within a cosmetic / beauty, food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
Key Competency Requirements
- Passionate about all aspects of customer satisfaction, delivering on-time as well as to specification
- Able to demonstrate successful track record of quality improvements using up to date quality and techniques such as RCA, FMEA and CAPA.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft office applications with advanced experience of Excel
- Ability and drive to successfully prioritise and complete multiple tasks
- Sound, logical problem solving skills
- Hands-on approach
- Capable of working both on own initiative and proactively as part of a team
- Willing to travel at short notice world wide - hold an current international passport
- Fully active European driving license
We look forward to receiving your application.