WTG Quality Manager
Day rate: £400
December 2017 - December 2020
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control experience in an onshore/offshore wind environment, preferably
- specific to turbine supply and installation.
- Technical experience in electrical and mechanical works.
- Engineering degree qualified.
- Quality auditing certification required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence at various levels of an organisation.
- Proven significant experience of IT applications (word, excel, document management systems)
- Proven significant experience of working with multi-disciplinary suppliers (Turbines providers, electrical plant cable, structures etc.)
- Proven experience of implementing or working to an inspection regime for the production of goods / equipment.
- Report to the Quality Manager of EA1 and the Package Manager within the Project Delivery
- Team, ensuring effective implementation of project assurance for the entire package.
- Overall, implement the project QMS and client requirements into the specific project
- Package. This will include assisting with all aspects of Quality Management from implementing the system,
- preparing/reviewing technical specifications, auditing suppliers, inspecting products and works, arranging product
- certification and FAT's where necessary, reporting on project Performance and customer satisfaction.
- A large part of the role will also include providing practical advice and support to the project team to ensure
- consistent methodology is being applied and understood.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) and for the Project Execution Plan in relation to the package
- Ensuring the quality of deliverables, materials / product and services across all phases of the package (ie audit (qualifying a supplier), design, manufacture, installation, commissioning and handover), including continuous assessment to the QA/QC as a part of the QMS
- Responsible to liaise with the package verifier on the package, attending all the inspections and answering any Technical Query related to quality.
- Implement, promote and measure performance to achieve quality goals on the project.
- Creating a quality culture throughout the project team and other stakeholders.
- Embed a consistent and controlled approach to any works throughout the project team e.g.engineering, procurement, construction etc.
- Ensure fundamental project reference documents are in place, monitored, updated and communicated on a
- regular basis e.g. Project Quality Plan
- Work effectively across multi-disciplinary teams to introduce new offshore wind products and improvements.
- Update, create or facilitate the creation of standard quality specifications to be issued to suppliers to ensure
- customer, regulatory or other requirements are being met.
- Inspecting and auditing internal and external parties as required.
- Working to the company methodology for equipment categorization and inspection regimes.
- Deliver works to customer, legal and other requirements (standards etc).
- Working closely with Document Control to establish, maintain and improve document/record keeping
- Ability to integrate with and influence project teams consisting of various parties.
- Highlight any quality training required across the project team. Support with the delivery of training where possible.
- Ensure a mechanism is in place to capture defective works and weekly/monthly reports are produced.
- Supervising technical staff for inspection and tests.
- Assist with completing regular management systems reports.
- Bring staff of different disciplines together to drive the company / project plan, methodology, quality goals etc.
- Assist with the maintenance of the company's quality inspection and product release programs for raw and in process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
- Maintain awareness of the wider project and business goals and encourage a balanced approach to Quality.
- Reviewing and reporting on project performance internally and externally.
- Taking early action to improve works and support the delivery of wider business goals.
- Package manager and team
- Project quality team
- Supplier and sub-suppliers
- Project management
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information about this contract position, please contact Alex Carroll-Adams 01202 888 986