Allen & York are delighted to be partnered with a specialist in passive fire protection. They are a fully accredited professional business who manufacture, install and maintain fire doors and screens in addition to construction work to meet the demands of their established customer base.
The organisation has a diverse client base which includes large commercial organisations, social housing and public sector buildings. The nature of the clients mean projects can range from £10k-£1m. The company is based in South East London with projects across London and the South East of England.
Due to growth, the business is now looking to create a commercial surveying department and require a Quantity Surveyor to support the rapid expansion. The role has previously been performed by the Contracts Managers, now it will the responsibility of the newly formed department.
- Work alongside contract managers, project managers and other site teams
- Financial management of projects from receipt of order to final account
- Analyse projects and instructions, calculating interim and final valuations
- Attend handover meetings to be briefed by the estimator
- Assist with contractor and sub-contractor valuations
- Work with internal teams to ensure that they are working collaboratively and deadlines are met
- Support the Estimator in duties at peak times
- Commercial acumen
- Previous experience in commercial surveying, preferably in a subcontractor or small firm
- Agile and able to adapt to a fast-moving business and sector
- Full clean driving licence and role involves travel
If this role seems of interest, then please contact Bev Brackpool on 01202 888986 or apply and I will get in touch with you directly.