|Job Title:||Rail Project Manager - Signalling|
|Location:||UK - England - North West England, Lancashire - Manchester|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
Our client is recruiting for a Project Manager to join their growing Manchester based team. You will be leading the delivery of specified projects for Signalling systems and train control equipment required for Mainline and mass transit railway operating companies within the UK.
This will involve the management all project Application Engineering, Installation, Testing and Commissioning activity and delivery of all systems designed to meet the needs of the contract on time and within budget.
As the successful candidate, you will have experience in a similar role, managing high value projects within the rail sector (ideally Signalling) involving a high degree of client interface. You will also have:
• Experience of delivery of Rail projects through the full project life cycle
• Preparation of Proposals, Tenders and contract negotiations through to Award
• Management of multidisciplinary project teams
• Development and implementation of innovative project execution strategies
• Management of Project Control function covering Planning, Estimating, Financial Control and commercial management disciplines
• Excellent communication and presentation skills - ability to deliver key messages efficiently and effectively, tailoring the approach to the audience as appropriate, in order to promote action
• Proven ability to lead and drive a multi-disciplinary project team, ensuring delivery of all contractual outputs to cost and to plan
• Project Management skills - strong understanding of the hard and soft aspects of programme management.
• Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline, possibly supported by a second degree in a management discipline
• Ideally holds a professional qualification - preferably IRSE
• APM accredited
Our client is an innovative global engineering organisation who have a very solid reputation in the sector. They are well respected and are known to look after their staff offering a competitive package, bonus scheme, private healthcare, interesting & challenging projects to work on as well as a good working environment and genuine career progression.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to get in contact with Lisa Newman.