RDF Plant Manager (Recycling)
£Competitive + Package
Opportunity to join a leading UK based waste, recycling and waste processing solutions company based in the East Midlands. You will be a Process Engineer with Operational Management experience ideally in the waste industry.
- To manage the site operationally and ensure that customer service levels are met at all times.
- To improve productivity and manage inputs and outputs to ensure targets are achieved/exceeded.
- To ensure compliance to current health, safety and environmental legislation.
- To explore opportunities to improve plant productivity and maximise range of materials recycled or recovered to generate additional revenues.
- To ensure all employees are fully trained and that attendance levels are maintained.
- To be fully aware of planning consents and waste disposal permits relating to the site and ensure they are not breached.
- To maintain day-to-day contact with the Environment Agency and undertake regular meetings on matters such as site permits, waste types and compliance issues.
Skills & Experience
- Educated to A Level and ideally a graduate in business or process discipline.
- Experience of process engineering and operational management, ideally within the waste sector or similar process industry.
- CoTC or working towards.
- Experience of managing budgets and delivering to financial targets.
- Track record of managing teams, with an ability to motivate, recruit and retain a productive workforce.
- Good communication and written skills. Confident in liaising with internal and external stakeholders, regulatory bodies and community groups.
- Excellent understanding of health, safety and environmental legislation.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information about this position, please contact Charles Cocklin at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986