Our client's successful financial advisory in the UK is now looking for a talented energy sector regulatory specialist to help support our current client base and impressive growth strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of delivery excellence in professional services for utility regulators, electricity or water sector companies. You will be a natural leader, with excellent communication, relationship building and influencing skills.
The UK utilities sector faces a period of unprecedented change, with major initiatives underway in all sectors such as water trading and abstraction reform, the development of new markets and retail competition, and a growing focus on resilience and the consequences of climate change, price caps and other political interventions. In addition to understanding and dealing with consequences from each of these initiatives, our clients also have to deliver an ever more demanding set of performance requirements, balancing the aspirations of customers, regulators and shareholders.
You will have an excellent academic record, with a degree in economics (or other relevant discipline). A second-degree or MBA would be a strong advantage. These skills will be underpinned with exceptional insight and analytical capabilities in a number of the following areas:
- A thorough understanding of the energy, water and wastewater value-chains and the policy/regulatory requirements that our clients must deliver; and or A thorough understanding of energy value chain and the policy/regulatory requirements that our clients must deliver
- Clear insight into the different success factors across the value chains, and the challenges of introducing business change;
- Detailed expertise in UK/Europe utilities regulation and how this is applied to the energy sectors;
- Practical experience of latest price control approaches with their emphasis on customer engagement, innovation, outcomes or outputs, incentives and risk/reward measures;
- Comparative cost modelling and the experience of applying existing statistical techniques to totex costs
- Policy development and economic modelling, developing impact assessments and business cases that deal with the risks and uncertainties that companies face;
- How to achieve and sustain excellence in regulatory and compliance reporting; and
- Strong project management skills, demonstrating the capacity to lead substantial economic projects with multi-disciplined staff
- As a self-starter, you will have the ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and flourish in an entrepreneurial setting that offers you the opportunity to work at the highest levels with a global centre of excellence
- As a member of this practice, you can expect to consult to a wide range of clients throughout the UK and occasionally elsewhere in Europe or the US.
- Based in our head office in London you should expect to travel and work on client sites and you should have the unconditional right to work globally.
- From initial idea generation and strategy development through to detailed implementation, we deliver significant and tangible results to our clients through our innovative thinking and in-depth sector expertise.