Our client's successful Energy Practice in the UK is now looking for a talented utilities sector regulatory specialist to help support our current client base and impressive growth strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of delivery excellence in professional services for utility regulators, electricity or water sector companies.
You will have an excellent academic record, with a degree in economics (or other relevant discipline). A second-degree or MBA would be a strong advantage. These skills will be underpinned with exceptional insight and analytical capabilities in a number of the following areas:
- A thorough understanding of the Energy policy/regulatory requirements that our clients must deliver; and or A thorough understanding of energy value chain and the policy/regulatory requirements that our clients must deliver
- Clear insight into the different success factors across the value chains, and the challenges of introducing business change;
- Detailed expertise in UK/Europe utilities regulation and how this is applied to the sectors;
- Practical experience of latest price control approaches with their emphasis on customer engagement, innovation, outcomes or outputs, incentives and risk/reward measures;
- Comparative cost modelling and the experience of applying existing statistical techniques to costs
- Policy development and economic modelling, developing impact assessments and business cases that deal with the risks and uncertainties that companies face;
- How to achieve and sustain excellence in regulatory and compliance reporting; and
- Strong project management skills, demonstrating the capacity to lead substantial economic projects with multi-disciplined staff
- As a self-starter, you will have the ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and flourish in an entrepreneurial setting that offers you the opportunity to work at the highest levels with a global centre of excellence in utilities.
- As a member of this practice, you can expect to consult to a wide range of clients throughout the UK and occasionally elsewhere in Europe or the US.
- Based in their head office in London you should expect to travel and work on client sites and you should have the unconditional right to work globally.
- From initial idea generation and strategy development through to detailed implementation, we deliver significant and tangible results to our clients through our innovative thinking and in-depth sector expertise.