Award winning global provider of sustainability solutions for climate change and renewable energy, are looking for a Senior Consultant to lead their renewable energy related assignments.
Within this dynamic and growing company you be responsible for the design of climate strategies linked to renewable energy by identifying, sourcing and developing a portfolio of potential investments. You will lead related engagements and support the Key Account Management team in business development across the sector.
This new position requires an enthusiastic and driven sustainability professional with relevant experience in consultancy, project management and development of corporate renewable energy strategies.
- Develop and shape the renewable energy services strategy.
- Create relevant renewable energy products and consulting services, responding to new trends and needs outside Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs)
- Develop a portfolio of direct supply and potential investments.
- Interpret marketing trends and work closely with clients to meet their requirements.
- Ensure consistent communication to the Key Account Management team.
- Supervise the implementation of mandates within renewable energy services, providing guidance to project managers and ensuring quality of the deliverables
- Lead a small team of experts.
Skills & Qualifications
- A Master's Degree (minimum) in Environmental Sciences, Renewable Energy, Energy Policy or related discipline.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in consultancy or other client-service based positions.
- Experience in the development of corporate renewable energy strategies.
- Knowledge of the energy sector in general and green electricity sector in particular, including regulatory development, energy economics, electricity generation and project development.
- Experience and knowledge in energy efficiency measures, assessments and implementation are advantageous.
- Familiarity with financial analysis, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), renewable energy investments, renewable energy offtake agreements and business models.
- Be familiar with socio-economic and environmental dimensions of renewable energy projects.
- Commercial skills and good business sense to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment
- Demonstrated ability to work to a deadline, with multidisciplinary teams as well as independently.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in team management, ideally within an international and multicultural context.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint (essential).
- Excellent oral and written command of English.
- Opportunity to travel.
- Clear career development path.
- Work autonomously as well as within a large and international team of committed sustainability professionals.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Vicky Kenrick at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986.