Scientist/Engineer - Technology Assessment
My client's technology team works with the water and gas sector to identify, independently evaluate and support the implementation of products and services. We work with everyone from the largest water and gas utilities to technology start-ups on all kinds of novel and established technologies, from novel pipe lining materials through to advanced monitoring and control systems.
Looking to strengthen the team through recruitment of a scientist or engineer with practical water or gas sector experience in the area of instrumentation, control and automation and looking to utilise their skills and experience in a growing consultancy environment.
With a degree level qualification in a scientific or engineering discipline you will have a minimum of two years' work experience within the water or gas sector, with hands on experience of technology testing and evaluation and a natural flair for accurate and concise technical writing.
Working within this busy team you will bring your own specific expertise but be ready to embrace a varied mix of work from dealing with client enquiries through to presenting final outputs. You'll have a positive attitude, enjoy working with a variety of people, and be highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a multifunctional team.
- Representing the business in various meetings with clients.
- Translating client's challenges into business offerings.
- Engaging with researchers, technology developers and the supply chain.
- Problem solving - developing solutions to the most challenging industry problems.
- Interpreting standards and specifications and developing appropriate testing programmes.
- Assessing technologies as part of the companies Approved scheme.
- Hands on practical testing at client sites and using the business's extensive facilities.
- Interpreting test data and assessing against industry requirements.
- Producing technical reports and presentations.
- Bachelors or higher degree, 2:1 or above, in a scientific or engineering discipline
- Minimum of two years' work experience in a technical background
- High level of written and numerical competency; proven ability to write technical reports and analyse complex datasets
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to multi task
- Self-motivated with energy and enthusiasm
- Flexible approach to work
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Eligible to work permanently in the UK