Senior Account Manager - Gas Technologies

Job Title: Senior Account Manager - Gas Technologies
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Germany,
Salary: Bonus
Start Date: ASAP
REF: BBBH22769
Contact Name: Toby Condie
Contact Email:
Job Published: about 4 years ago

I am currently working with a global conglomerate looking to expand their presence within the gas technologies market based in Germany. Due to continued growth, there is now the need for three senior account managers. Each will be working from home with the remits focused on: North Germany, South Germany and South West Germany. This role will be responsible for the sale of various products including Gas Metering, Gas Regulation and Gas Quality Measurement. If you have experience in this market and you are fluent in both German and French then get in touch to discuss further!

Main Responsibilities Include:

  • The sale of the product portfolio as outlined above.
  • The acquisition of new customers/business (about 20% of this focus) as well as the retention of existing customers (the other 80%).
  • Ongoing customer support to various levels including senior management. Early engagement in the purchasing process for the customer ensuring the needs of the customer are reflected.
  • The creation of customer-specific solutions.
  • Creation and processing of account plans.
  • Monitoring all competition, managing complaints and reporting to the line manager about market developments and customer analysis.
  • Collaborate with the marketing department in regards to planning, designing and implementing various projects.
  • Contractual negotiations with customers.

The ideal candidate will have:

  • Technical or commercial training (ideally educated to degree level but experience in this space is more important)
  • At least 3 years' experience in sales within the field of gas within the German market.
  • Extensive experience in establishing and maintaining customer relationships.
  • Experienced in complex sales, with long sales cycles.
  • Fluent in German and English.
  • Willing to travel from home office about 75% of the time.
  • A good team player who is service-oriented.

If this role appears to be of interest and you'd like to find out more submit your application now! This is an extremely urgent position - don't miss out.