Senior Acoustic Consultant
A great opportunity to work for an award-winning, multidisciplinary consultancy, delivering on some of the world's most challenging projects. An exciting opportunity for a Senior Acoustic professional set for a new challenge!....
Looking for an Senior Acoustic Consultant to develop our ever increasing success in delivering first class assessments to our clients. The project work will be varied covering a range of sectors including: property development, retail and highways, power generation.
Suitable candidates will be responsible to manage the delivery of project work on key building and environmental acoustics, permitting, planning appeals, nuisance and planning related projects. This work is not only undertaken for projects in the UK but for projects overseas too, providing real diversity in workload, challenges and opportunities.
The main responsibilities would be to:
- undertake noise assessments, as part of EIAs and stand-alone reports, for both our internal and external clients
- liaise with both internal and external clients as well as partners and stakeholders (under supervision) to seek information and input data required for the air quality assessment work to be undertaken
- provide clear direction to technicians/graduates and others within the team
- undertake site visits as required to deploy site specific monitoring surveys
- processing of survey results and reporting
- Preparation of reports applying acceptable technical writing skills
- Defend your technical work at appeal
- Control project finances and be responsible for meeting profit and budget targets.
- Carry out sales activities through preparation of proposals and quotations, sales material, research and/or presentations.
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline would be highly beneficial
- Any relevant professional memberships such as IOA, IEMA etc.
- Positive and proactive approach;
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational and team working skills, including the ability to prioritise and complete tasks in a timely manner;
- Excellent communication skills (including report writing);
- Good knowledge and understanding of acoustics including building acoustic products and calculations. Experience of Modelling (CADNA and ODEON preferable)
- Understanding of the EIA and planning system
- Sound knowledge of the UK legislation, Policy and Guidance regarding air quality/emissions, nuisance and planning;
- Full clean UK Driving Licence.
I look forward to receiving your application shortly. Please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202 for an informal discussion.