Senior Acoustics Consultant - Leeds or Manchester
A great opportunity for an experienced a Senior Acoustics Consultant has arisen. You will focus on environmental transport acoustics with the Environmental Acoustics team in Leeds or Manchester. Continued high and increasing workload in this area has led to a requirement for a new Senior Consultant with the ability to take the lead on the transport acoustics projects, reporting to the head of transportation acoustics.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of working in acoustics and preferably have experience of managing and delivering complex acoustic projects across a range of sound, noise and vibration (SNV) technical areas, with particular emphasis on transport related acoustics.
- You will need to be an enthusiastic individual keen to work collaboratively and iteratively within an established acoustics team. The successful candidate would also work across wider multi-disciplinary design teams and be expected to establishing strong working relationships with other internal teams, particularly within environmental and transportation divisions
- The individual would have excellent technical, project management, presentation, leadership, report writing, commercial, personal organisation and communication skills.
- The role would have a strong focus on transport related acoustics.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work and maintain relationships with both internal and external clients; lead the acoustic inputs to projects, manage the technical and financial aspect of projects
- Line management of mentor and teaching junior staff.
- They would be expected to undertake, oversee and technically review noise modelling using software such as SoundPLAN and/or CadnaA.
- They would also be expected to undertake measurements, data analysis, predictions and write and technically review reports on a range of projects.
- There will be the need to visit sites and meetings across the UK and work away from home for short periods, potentially including overseas.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Environmental Impact Assessment process regarding SNV, be capable of technically reviewing SNV assessment reports and new work proposals delegated by the team managers.
- Manage the acoustic input, undertake predictions and write reports on a range of projects, be fully conversant with relevant standards and guidance, including CRTN and CRN, BS4142, BS5228, BS8233, DMRB and be fully conversant with UK environmental acoustic legislation.
- Manage own workload to make time available to accelerate the development of technical skills in more junior staff, including being available to provide on the job advice and instruction and to develop new lines of work or smarter ways of working.
- A first degree (and preferably a post graduate qualification such as a Masters) in acoustics or relevant technical disciplines (e.g. Physics, Maths or Engineering)
- Chartered status or evidence of working towards this.
- Driving licence.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com