Senior Air Quality Modeller
A unique position has arisen for a Senior Air Quality Modeller. You will take responsibility for the development of innovative new modelling capabilities to deliver new insight to a global customer base. The role will include support of modelling activities as a whole, and the development of new methodologies for efficient modelling of global pollutant concentrations.
Providing a number of data, software and hardware services, the team has unparalleled air quality expertise in sensor design, pollution modelling and analysis, providing advice and support to government and industry globally.
As a result of the fast growth, my client looking to recruit a number of highly capable and ambitious individuals, who will enable the next stage of our business evolution, establishing key positions in this exciting company.
As the successful candidate you will be a talented individual with a strong track record of air quality modelling. Previous experience of the traditional air quality modelling market will be an advantage. However, technical capability coupled with personal drive, ambition and leadership qualities will strong influence recruitment selection.
- Lead the delivery of air quality modelling products and services across the company, from city to global scales.
- Lead comparison of modelling approaches with traditional tools used in the industry (e.g. ADMS).
- Develop new techniques for efficient air quality modelling.
- Gather and curate new data sets which inform pollutant emission rates across the world.
- These datasets will include satellite-derived products and open source solutions.
- Automate the delivery of air quality services, ensuring a secure and resilient IT structure.
Soft Skills Sought
- Driven, self-motived and autonomous
- Pragmatic and creative thinker
- Comfortable in fast paced start-up environment
- Comfortable helping with any tasks
- Strong personal integrity
- Good cultural fit within the team and personable
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications Sought:
- Excellent communications.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to programme, or a demonstrable ability to learn such skills effectively.
- Knowledge of cloud computing (AWS) and data analytics.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org