Our client is a leading advisor within M&A transactions in the new energy sector.
They have maintained senior and trusted client relationships across the major energy utilities, new strategic entrants, financial investors and leading entrepreneurs.
- An enviable set of Lead Advisory credentials, particularly focused on M&A and equity.
- A diverse skill set and deep sector expertise, spanning power generation and renewables, retail power and trading, regulated utilities and oil & gas.
Their business is expanding rapidly and is looking for a high quality candidate to support their Energy Lead Advisory business with a particular focus on Power & Utilities, delivering a mix of M&A and financing engagements.
The role offers the opportunity to lead/manage a number of live deal execution situations, including sell-side M&A, buy-side M&A, equity raises and financings.
- Advisory deal execution, spanning M&A, debt and equity raising
- Advisory deal origination
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge materials to support deal origination and execution;
- Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches;
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and target clients and key market constituents to support personal effectiveness and business development opportunities;
- Specifying, producing and evaluating financial models;
- Effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff on specific engagements;
- Maintaining a good understanding of commercial, financial, regulatory and transactional themes in the energy sector;
- Have sufficient experience in the energy sector, gained through M&A or financing transactions;
- A strong track record of originating and executing well known transactions in the energy sector as a lead advisor;
- Through tangible deal execution activities, have a strong set of relationships across the different buyer pools that are investing in assets and companies in the sector
- Have a good knowledge of financing structures, particularly, structured equity and debt for major power projects, the dynamics of financing in M&A deals, the range of project finance debt structures, and corporate finance structures;
- Have a good understanding of Power & Utilities assets and revenues, including applicable renewable energy incentives;
- Have good business case writing, Excel and Powerpoint skills;
- Be skilled in financial modelling, financial analysis, in addition to having an understanding of financial accounting;
- Have a strong ability to interpret and present outputs from financial models to support the provision of commercial advice;
- Be comfortable and/or experienced in presenting to clients;
- Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of thinking in the sector;
- Be a highly motivated, ambitious self-starter, willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers;
- Have experience of working in and managing people in small teams;
- Appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of transactions and origination situations simultaneously to demanding timetables; and
- Be a proven team player who can demonstrate a clear desire to manage teams, who can gain the trust and support of internal colleagues.
- A University Degree
- A relevant Professional Qualification