Senior Bridge Engineer
Salary £33 000 - £40 000 pa
Based in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Our client has an exciting position for an experienced Senior Bridge Engineer, to join their expanding team.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Undertake and manage rail and road bridges and associated structural engineering schemes from inspection and assessment, feasibility through to detailed design
- Take responsibility for the contribution of Graduate Engineers and Technicians as appropriate
- Responsible for production through to client sign off of Technical Approval documentation
- Hands-on technical design on road and/or rail structures
- Hands-on assessment of road and/or rail structures
- Structural inspections and reporting
- Client liaison
- Production of tenders including quality documentation and costings
- Project Management including programme and resource monitoring, quality control, technical management and delivery
Minimum Requirements include:
- Knowledge of Eurocodes, British Standards and assessment codes
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Working knowledge of structural analysis software - Lusas or SBD preferred
- Experience in the design in at least one of the following: concrete, steel, timber, or masonry structures
- Experience in either road, rail or water bridge projects
- High-level technical skills in current inspection, assessment and design and be able to lead teams of graduate and senior engineers in such projects
- Previous exposure with clients of both national and local authorities, together with major contractors
- Previous site-based experience
- Ability to manage staff and project Health and Safety responsibilities including compliance with CDM legislation
- You will have a current clean driving license and be willing to travel throughout the UK to visit sites.
- Proven design and project management experience delivering to quality, time and budget.
- Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Bridge, Civil or Structural Engineering.
- MSc level or equivalent in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Graduate Member with ICE and IStructE and proven commitment to gaining Chartership.
To Apply for this role:
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Tracy on firstname.lastname@example.org.