osition Title Senior Bridge Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Transportation - Bridges
City Glasgow - UK
Allen and York are currently recruiting for a Senior Bridge Engineer in our clients centrally located Glasgow office (working from home is an option during the COVID pandemic) . Our Clients Glasgow team has an established track record of successfully delivering bridge engineering schemes for more than 30 years throughout the UK. Their office, located at the heart of Glasgow City Centre, has multi-disciplinary transportation inspection, assessment and design capability in rail and highway schemes and works closely with other disciplines from the Highways, Rail, Geotechnical, Environment, Transport Planning and Development Sectors.
As a Senior Bridge Engineer you will have the following daily responsibilities:
- Take a leading role in the design of major civil engineering structures
- Prepare designs under minimal supervision
- Assist with the commercial and financial control of your project
- Analysis and detailed design of road/rail bridges and other structures
- Inspection, assessment and strengthening of road/rail bridges and other structures
- Supervision of graduate engineers and technicians
- Planning and project management.
- Prepare, implement and assess contract documents
- Report writing and production of technical reports and documents
- Experience with bridge and related structural inspection assessment and design schemes
- Proven design and project management experience delivering to quality, time and budget
- Experience in road and/or rail projects
- High-level technical skills in current inspection, assessment and design
- Previous exposure with clients of both national and local authorities, together with major contractors
- Ability to manage staff and project Health and Safety responsibilities including compliance with CDM legislation
- You will have a current clean driving license and be willing to travel throughout the UK to visit sites
- Strong ability in finite element modelling.
- Knowledge of Lusas and/or MIDAS is beneficial
- Good working knowledge of the DMRB and Eurocode Standards is also required
- Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Bridge, Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Ideally educated to MSc level or equivalent
- Either a Chartered Engineer with ICE or IstructE, or close to completion