Senior CAD Technician
We are working with a multi-disciplinary consultancy who provide services ranging across project management, detailed design, contracts, and construction supervision for geotechnical works. They are looking to appoint a Senior CAD Technician with extensive experience of producing drawings and of 3D modelling for large infrastructure projects.
- Experience in civil engineering sectors such as Ground Engineering (Earthworks, Slope Remediation Schemes, Foundations, Tunnelling), Transportation (road and rail), Land Reclamation and Development, Waste (landfill).
- Highly proficient and experienced user of AutoCAD Civil 3D to produce high quality technical drawings and details within a live project environment.
- Extensive 3D modelling experience on a variety of infrastructure projects.
- Strong understanding of civil engineering and associated best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- A keen eye for detail and a careful and accurate approach.
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills essential.
- Must be self-motivated and pro-active and demonstrate ability to see things through to the end.
- Ability to be resourceful and work both independently and as part of high-performing team.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership.
- Preferred Qualifications - CAD related courses (Civil Preferred)
- Work as a member of a geotechnical consultancy design team.
- Produce drawings using the Autodesk Suite of software (AutoCAD Civils 3D), with the necessary level of detail as required for ground engineering projects at various stages of development: studies, conceptual design, detailed design and construction.
- Undertake 3D Modelling, specifically with the Autodesk Suite of software (AutoCAD Civils 3D).
- Reporting to the Design team leader you will also directly interface with other team members, from graduates to Directors.
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively within a multi-disciplinary design team.
- You will have strong development skills and the ability to develop and manage the work of others when required.
- You will also have the technical ability, knowledge and competence to provide guidance and to teach and develop junior staff.
We look forward to receiving your application. For more information please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986.