Our Client is one of the leading construction contractors in the UK, they are looking to recruit a Senior CAD Technician proven experience in the transmission and distribution sector and must have a reasonable understanding of technical aspects of High Voltage (HV) Underground Cables and Overhead lines (OHL). The Senior CAD Technician role will be reporting to the MSPS Power Sector Director and will be responsible for carrying out draughting with AutoCAD, Micro station and other design tools.
- Provide a CAD service to our customers that excels by delivering first class service.
- Liaise with the multi-disciplined CAD team to assist in the delivery of projects.
- Inspire exchange of knowledge with other technicians and engineers.
- Promote and achieve Perfect Delivery throughout the team.
- Liaise with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic design solutions to the customer brief.
- Contribute to the training and development of the CAD team members as required.
- Ensure a safe working environment.
- Promote a culture of Perfect delivery within the team.
- Promote and achieve continuous improvement throughout the team.
- Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating CAD drawings to the relevant standards.
- Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of deliverables and recording of documentation.
- Produce schematic, general arrangement and detailed drawings in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures.
- Maintain drawing records and ensure accurate document control.
- Communicate and collaborate with the other CAD disciplines.
- Provide support to graduates in their professional development.
- Develop positive relationships with customers.
- Participate in knowledge sharing across the team and other offices.
- Attend and occasionally present in-house CAD courses and seminars.
- Keep up to date with design trends, competitor awareness and design techniques
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Transmission and distribution substations
- HV underground cables
- Overhead lines (OHL)
- AutoCAD (2D and 3D)
- Bentley Microstation
- Autodesk Revit
- Ideally, the candidate will have achieved EngTech MIET or MICE status, or will be working towards that.
We look forward to receiving your application.