Our client an award winning engineering and environmental design consultancy has exciting opportunities for a Senior Civil Engineer to work in their Transport & Infrastructure Group. The role will be working with their Civil Engineering Design Development team in their Leeds London office.
The team delivers a wide variety of consultancy services to a large client base, both local and national. The Transport & Infrastructure Design Service are responsible for providing a number of engineering services across multiple sectors, at all stages of projects, from inception through to commissioning.
Working on challenging and multiple projects simultaneously, you will have extensive experience undertaking preliminary and detailed design of roads, levels, drainage and external works in both the public (adoptable) and private realm.
About the team
They work on multidisciplinary projects across the transport, residential, commercial, industrial, education, health and retail sectors. Clients range from local and national developers and contractors to public sector bodies.
The talented and experienced design teams fuse local knowledge with national design standards and legislation in a manner that enables them to undertake a wide variety of projects.
You will have a keen interest in developing your understanding and ability in civil engineering design and a willingness to research and take on new challenges. You will be able to work independently and use your engineering judgement to tackle day to day problems, delegate tasks and show a desire to develop junior members of the team.
You will have experience of the multi-disciplinary nature of complex projects from planning stage, through to completion. You will show a desire to develop your project coordination skills and an understanding about other discipline roles on projects.
You will have experience of the requirements of working with different types of client in a complex industry.
You will be expected to have the following personal attributes and skills:
- Technical independence within the field of Civil Engineering design, covering several aspects of preliminary and detailed design of highways, levels, drainage and external works.
- Fully conversant with our industry standard design software packages AutoCad, Civil 3D (although extensive experience in the use of PDS would be considered as long as there is a willingness to train on Civil 3D) and MicroDrainage.
- The use of the Microsoft Office Suite of software, including Excel.
- Experience liaising with both internal and external bodies, including planning authorities, statutory undertakers and national bodies such as the Environment Agency.
- Experience liaising with other consultants such as architects, planners, project managers and directly with Clients.
- Good commercial awareness with developing influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
- Experience of providing an outward facing capacity as a design team representative in dealings with clients on technical matters.
- An ability to effectively delegate design responsibility to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff.
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- A 'self-starter' with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.
What they can offer you
- A competitive Salary
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme
- Superb training
- Professional Subscription
- Social Fund - They will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus - bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme
- Cycle to Work - Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity