Position Title Senior Civil Engineer - Water
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Office Location UK - St. Albans
Job Summary We have an excellent opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to play an important role within the growing Civil Engineering team of our client. Increasing demands for their services have created an opportunity in St Albans/South East to be involved in the delivery of major schemes within the water sector. They are looking for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer, capable of working independently where required, who is also able to lead project tasks, teams and sub-teams.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, the successful candidate will work alongside Project Managers and technical leads to deliver complex projects. Key responsibilities will include carrying out feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs, and preparing reports and technical specifications and proposals for water related infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for key local, regional and international clients. The role will also involve supporting business development activities. You may be asked to mentor, oversee or manage design staff which will require a strong technical knowledge base and excellent communication skills.
Detailed knowledge of one, or more, of the following;
- Water treatment works
- Wastewater treatment works
- Potable water networks, pumping stations and reservoirs
- Waste water networks including gravity systems, pumping stations and rising mains
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams, and able to lead and mentor junior staff from a variation of professional backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills and able to represent our client in Client facing roles at all levels
- Accustomed to working at the highest levels of HSSE compliance at all design stages.
- Membership of / working towards chartership with a relevant professional institution, e.g. ICE.
Your benefits will include:
Helping their employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to our client. If you join our cleint as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through their charity you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
For more information please contact Michelle @ Allen & York on: 07793 363603 or email email@example.com
I look forward to receiving your application!