Senior Coastal Modeller - Nationwide
Due to continued success within environmental modelling and assessment projects in the UK and Ireland. Several new opportunities have arisen for talented and enthusiastic river, estuarine or coastal specialists to join its well established and growing team. With opportunities across a number of offices in the UK including Hampshire, Cardiff, Dundee, and potentially in Northern Ireland and Ireland for the right candidate.
About the role
The team is recognized as one of the UK's leading developers of models of aquatic environments and providers of water quality and environmental solutions. You will be part of a specialist team delivering exciting environmental modelling and impact assessment projects, to clients in the UK and internationally. Working with blue chip companies from the water, renewable energy, ports & harbours, and oil & gas sectors.This is an excellent job opportunity for a candidate who wishes to apply a creative mind to real-world challenges and contribute to a team already established for its excellence.
You will be highly numerate and have an interest in assessing environmental impacts on aquatic systems. You will need to someone with an inquisitive mind who is enthused by the prospect of building scientific argument to address complex real-world challenges. You should enjoy liaising directly with clients, regulators and stakeholders and be comfortable managing work packages or projects. You should also enjoy working in a cohesive team with other gifted individuals and be excited by the prospect of developing practical and quantified leading-edge solutions.
Required skills and experience
- Degree in science, engineering, mathematics or geography
- Highly numerate
- Strong data analysis skills
- A high standard of scientific report writing
- Fluency in English
- MSc or PhD in relevant discipline
- Programming skills (e.g. Python, Matlab)
- Experience in river modelling and river modelling packages
- Experience in coastal modelling and coastal modelling packages
- Work package or project management experience
- Experience of stakeholder / regulator liaison (especially UK and Ireland)
- Knowledge of environmental legislation / policy (especially UK and Ireland)
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org