This role is with a well-known global organisation working on some of the UK's and international most high profile projects and they have a solid reputation in the market and genuinely believe in career progression & development for their employees.
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
- Relevant engineering or associated degree
- Self-motivated and positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to operate independently with limited supervision and make decisions
- Open minded with the ability to think in an innovative way outside conventional frameworks
- At least 5 year's post-graduate experience, including supervising aspects of a project, application of standards and technical knowledge
- Min 2 years' experience in multi-disciplinary rail projects involving multiple designers and Clients
- General rail technical background including at least 2 of Pway, signaling, comms, operations, civils, MEP, OLE, E&P
- Has worked in early stage of project development (LU Concept/NR GRIP 1/2, RIBA 1/2)
- Understanding of the tradeoffs between time, cost and necessary level of detail (quality)
- Awareness of commercial aspects of projects
- Support the Technical Director with multi-disciplinary development of feasibility studies and concept designs for rail projects.
- Direct reports: Potentially BIM and support staff and Junior Engineers
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Identifying opportunities and driving implementation of re-engineering strategies to maximise the benefits of the overall system
- Liaising with the Technical Director and Client to keep them informed of issues and to maintain own knowledge of the project
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which responsible, including drawings, reports, specifications, and studies
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients
- Ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications to Client and design team
- Managing selected sub-projects, taking responsibility for managing subcontractors and quality assurance
- Promoting awareness of technical risk assessments and mitigations and best value design options.
- Maintaining a good understanding of the background of the client's business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility with Clients
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
- Awareness of commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt management, client management etc.) of projects
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time
- To support the Technical Director, deputising for him/her.
- To take on a key role within projects, providing leadership, technical advice and leading by example where appropriate
- To build and consolidate networks within the industry
BASIC SALARY WITH A GENEROUS PACKAGE REFLECTING THE SENIORITY OF THIS ROLE.
DON'T HESITATE TO SEND OYUR CV ACROSS OR REQUEST MORE INFORMATION