Senior Construction Planner
As part of the rapid expansion of this international construction design consultancy and project management firm, we are looking for a Senior Construction Planner to aid a wide portfolio of infrastructure projects through the project lifecycle. The role is based in Zurich with international travel as needed.
Our client is an infrastructure specialist with over 100 years of heritage in the sector. They are also part of a wider group of companies that operate across the globe in Africa, South America and Eastern Europe.
We are looking for a Senior Planner, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining project construction plans and schedules using appropriate scheduling software with staff resources, logistics and temporary works requirements
- Prepare a tender event program for the procurement of subcontractors incorporating design release and lead in activities
- Produce construction methodologies in close cooperation with the project team to effectively demonstrate the construction techniques and sequencing to successfully deliver projects
- Where necessary engage with the supply chain to develop the project program with regards to design, lead-ins, construction periods, plant and labour requirements
- Assess and communicate schedule impact of change notifications
- Monitor overall project progress status, achievement of major milestones, and analyse project performance in relation to planned performance
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of budgets and ensure that the impacts of all change requests are properly assessed and included in the schedules
You will hold:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Construction site experience is a must, transport sector experience would be preferred
- Expert knowledge of manual and computerized project planning and scheduling techniques
- Excellent knowledge of scheduling software MS Project / Primavera
- Excellent knowledge of Office Software
- Excellent understanding of project management principles and techniques
- Good understanding of Cost Control, Estimating, Change control and Risk analysis
- Significant experience in Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Control or Project Coordination
- Analytical thinking, structured problem-solving skills, superior communication skills, team building, and strong work ethic
You will be a highly motivated professional with the desire to make a real difference to this team. There is massive scope for development of this role due to the rapid expansion of the team and the business across Zurich and London, the development and impact of this position will be limited only by the successful candidate's ambition.
You MUST hold the right to work in Switzerland before applying. We cannot offer sponsorship for this role. We are looking to appoint this role as soon as possible; applications will be appraised and moved forward as they are received and the role will be closed once an offer is accepted. Contact Tom Herbert at ALLEN & YORK for more details. email@example.com