Senior Consultant - Air Quality Manchester
As a Senior Air Quality Consultant you will play a key role in providing high quality consulting advice both routine as well as pioneering assessment work, implementing innovative approaches enabling us to provide a high quality service to our clients.
Show your confidence in engaging with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of a variety of interesting projects for large, strategic international clients in both the public and private sectors, involving: air quality monitoring programmes, dispersion modelling studies, air quality and odour impact assessments, environmental permitting applications, and environmental management programmes.
- Contribute to and manage the delivery of projects on time and to budget; to manage resources in the delivery of the projects; to undertake regular project reviews;
- Support junior members of staff in the safe delivery of consultancy services and their professional development;
- Play an active role in the delivery of an annual Consulting Group Business Development Plan; responding to requests for client work and proposals; be exemplar in client management and relationship building;
- Support as required in the definition of the current and future market, market drivers and service offerings of the Consulting Group;
- Communicate the company strategy as related by the Consulting Group Manager;
- Contribute to a business forecasts to provide visibility of workloads, team utilisation and business development activities;
- Deliver against key personal and divisional KPIs.
Candidate requirements include:
- At least 5-years air quality consultancy experience;
- A thorough understanding of air quality legislation, policy and guidance;
- Experience of the delivery, co-ordination and technical review of air quality assessments;
- Strong analytical and report writing skills;
- Proficiency in the application of air emissions databases and dispersion models for industrial and/or transport sources (e.g. ADMS, ADMS Roads, AERMOD);
- Proficiency in the use of GIS and mapping software (e.g. MapInfo, Surfer);
- Experience in computer programming is highly desirable (e.g. Visual Basic, Python, R);
- Positive approach to the challenges of change and see change as an opportunity;
- Ability to prioritise and schedule objectives to optimise time, cost and quality;
- High level of personal drive and commitment; and
- Strives to improve performance and uses innovative methods to get there.
Qualifications required include:
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline, and preferably also a Masters;
- Proven experience within the UK air quality sector, preferably within environmental consultancy;
- Full Membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM), or equivalent, or the necessary qualifications to become such a member; and
- Full UK Driving license.
For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org