Due to a high demand of services a new position has arisen for a Senior Consultant - Chemicals. You will work for a multi-disciplinary, innovative consultancy providing expert advice and strategic analysis skills, assisting both public and private sector decision makers in the development and implementation of sustainable policies. Offering a broad range of services and utilise a variety of skills in order to produce high quality, tailor-made outputs.
My client has pushed forward the boundaries across a range of different fields involving the need to combine chemicals science (chemistry, toxicology, risk assessment) with economics and other social research tools. This is true of the public sector work in chemicals policy, which has often been used as an example of best practice, as well as our work for the private sector on regulatory compliance with chemicals legislation. As a result, past clients include Defra, the Environment Agency, European Competent Authorities, the European Commission, ECHA, OECD, industry associations and private companies in the chemicals, pharma, biocidal products and plant protection products sectors. It also includes private sector companies in downstream chemical using sectors, for example the aerospace and defence sectors.
You will be an experienced consultant, with a knowledge of chemistry and experience to support and increase the capacity of the chemicals work to meet the needs of existing contracts, enable us to respond to new requests for services and to develop other potential, new areas of work.
In addition to your chemistry knowledge, you need to be a person who is methodical and analytical, has a focus on quality and is prepared to tackle a broad range of topics with enthusiasm.
For the position as Senior Consultant - Chemicals, you will probably have:
- At least 5 years' success in a consultancy environment or similar;
- A degree in chemistry, toxicology, environmental sciences, material science or similar;
- Detailed knowledge / experience of chemicals regulation and legislation including REACH and CLP;
- A track record of listening to clients' needs and developing tenders that respond to these;
- Effective project management skills that you can demonstrate from leading relevant projects for public and private sector clients;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and proven ability to deliver consultancy reports to authorities and private clients;
- Effective team-working skills;
- The ability to deliver quality outcomes to tight timelines while working on multiple projects.
Additional skills that are desirable include:
- Experience of applying research methods drawing on both quantitative and qualitative evidence;
- Experience in designing data collection strategies and in undertaking interviews or consultation as part of data collection;
- Knowledge about the EU Better Regulation Guidelines or UK Green / Magenta book;
- Experience in presenting papers at conferences, as well as developing and leading workshops;
- Ability to create innovative methodologies to meet clients' needs;
- Leadership and people management experience;
- One or more EU languages besides English.
This is a great chance to join an employee owned business with an ambitious growth strategy. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org