Do you want to work in a lively and energetic environment where you will have the opportunity to advise on some of the biggest structural shifts the energy market has ever seen with major players from across the energy industry? If so, then consider joining our client's energy finance team.
They are offering a unique opportunity to gain experience of the UK energy sector in a multi-functional team working across a range of strategic, regulatory and transactional mandates.
The successful candidate will work across multiple engagements, gaining a better understanding of how the different functions of the energy market (renewables, conventional, innovation and the grid) work together to keep the lights on and help the UK and other global location meet its renewable targets in a rapidly changing market.
This team work on projects such as; Market entry / exit or growth strategies; Advice on the opportunities and threats of a changing regulatory environment; and transaction advisory
Helping to deliver elements of energy engagements, pitch documents and/or associated client deliverables in the Power & Energy sector by:
- Researching and analysing information to support our objectives;
- Helping develop and assess strategic objectives and plans for clients (market entry exit or growth);
- Structuring and writing reports by taking complex concepts and articulating these in a digestible format; or
- Building or analysing Financial Models in Microsoft Excel.
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Ensuring projects are delivered in a manner that complies with internal and regulatory procedures
- Skills, qualifications and experience required
- Be skilled in financial analysis and commercially aware
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word for report writing, Microsoft PowerPoint for presentations and/or Microsoft Excel for financial modelling
- Have demonstrable experience in the energy sector, obtained working for a developer of generation assets, electricity retailer or Big 6 participant
- Experience with strategy consulting with the ability to apply strategic methodologies to identify opportunities and threats
- Be a highly motivated, ambitious self-starter willing to take advantage of the opportunities this secondment offers and keen to learn as much as possible about the energy sector
- Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of thinking in the sector