We are working with a leading Consultancy to recruit a Senior Consultant within their Marine Mammals division. Working as part of their Environmental Impact Assessment team and supporting the wider Environment, Renewables and Subsea teams. You will provide advice on marine mammal issues, particularly with respect to underwater noise. You will work with experienced marine mammal, underwater noise and consenting specialists to provide input to, or lead, scopes of work ranging across project design, survey design, stakeholder engagement, data reviews, impact assessment and population modelling (e.g. iPCOD or DEPONS).
Primarily, these scopes will be in support of offshore wind, tidal, wave or cable projects, but your knowledge will also be put to good use with our oil and gas clients. The focus of this work will likely initially be within the UK, but opportunities to support projects in Ireland, Asia-Pacific and North America exist.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree in Biology or related environmental discipline;
- Eligible to work in the United Kingdom;
- Communication and team-working skills and sharing / using best practice information;
- Commercial awareness;
- Influencing others, including communication skills and self-confidence in general;
- Keen interest and knowledge of offshore energy industries
- Initiative, self-reliance, and drive to deliver results to a high standard.
- You will be familiar with assessing the impacts of marine activities on marine mammal populations and protected sites;
- You will be comfortable interpreting noise modelling data in the context of impacts on marine mammal species;
- You know what needs done in providing consent and post-consent support on marine mammal issues to offshore energy projects;
- You will have worked on preparation of Scoping Reports, EIA Reports, Marine Licences, European Protected Species Licences, development of monitoring and mitigation plans, etc.
- Know how to engage effectively with stakeholders, including with regulators and statutory bodies
For an opportunity to join a leading and growing Consultancy please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email email@example.com