Our client is a technical and commercial energy consultancy, specialising in renewables. They work across geographies and technologies, for the private sector and for government.
The positions are open for one of their offices in the UK (Bristol or Fife) or in France (Paris or Lyon); their preference is for new wind role(s) in the UK and new storage role(s) in France.
Your work will be mainly technical and commercial consultancy services to project developers, lenders or operators in UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Scandinavia, the Netherlands and other markets. Specific activities will include:
- Conducting technical and commercial due diligence - as a project manager and in supporting roles;
- Providing bespoke owner's engineer services;
- Undertaking construction monitoring;
- Managing multiple projects, utilising internal and external resources;
- Reviewing operational project, O&M reports and data;
- Support the delivery of strategic work;
- Carrying-out business development to build client relationships and win work;
- Ownership of budget and profitability of projects.
- There is potential to specialise in your areas of interest or to broaden expertise into different technologies: we encourage you to take ownership of your career.
- MEng Engineering degree, or similar;
- More than 5 years of technical experience in relevant sector: onshore wind or storage;
- Experience with the technical due diligence process and competence for individual subject tasks;
- Experience in European renewable energy markets;
- Commercial awareness with ability to dive into the detail when necessary;
- Familiar in dealing with financial institutions or internal financial teams;
- Lender and owner construction monitoring experience;
- Capable of determining commercial implications of technical risks;
- Track record of developing and building lasting client relationships;
- Comfortable working on projects with evolving scopes;
- Able to manage concurrent & different tasks and prioritise work load;
- Comfortable working at pace and to tight deadlines;
- Strong organizational, networking & personal skills;
- Able to write clear, concise and accurate reports in English;
- Travel abroad, especially around Europe;
- Native/fluent in English and/or French (depending on desired location).
- Generalist knowledge of all aspects of relevant sector and key development/operational risks;
- Experience in worldwide markets; and
- Additional language skills.
- This is a senior level role, but we are willing to consider more junior consultants with an exceptional track record and potential.