Position Title Senior Development Infrastructure Engineer
Job Category Engineering - Civil Business Line Water
Office Location UK - Birmingham
Job Summary Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Civil Engineer to join their busy development infrastructure team in Birmingham/South East. The team tackles a wide variety of projects located both in the UK and overseas. The Development Infrastructure team plays an integral part in these projects often taking a leading role with work spanning initial feasibility, technical support for planning and detailed design of infrastructure for implementation. This is an ideal opportunity for a suitably experienced Civil Engineer to develop their career and assist in the technical direction and future development of this team.
Role responsibilities include:
- Assist Principal Engineers and Associate Directors in Engineering Design
- Detailed Drainage Design to support S104 Agreements
- Detailed Highway Design to support S278 and S38 Agreements
- Utility Assessments
- Flood Risk Assessments
- Earthworks modelling
- Sustainable Drainage Design (SuDS)
- Feasibility appraisals for pre-acquisitions
- Overseeing and checking the technical output of other team members.
- Liaison with regulatory bodies including government departments, local authorities, water and utility companies, the Environment Agency and other public bodies to deliver the necessary approvals.
- Civil Engineering Degree and/or Masters Degree
- Relevant experience, ideally with a consultant in development infrastructure for residential, commercial and leisure sites.
- Experienced in working with developer clients and contractors.
- Proven track record in delivering infrastructure projects.
- Experienced in supervising and developing staff.
- Incorporated or Chartered (or working towards) Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers and/or member of the Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.