A new position has arisen for a Senior Ecological Consultant. This is a great chance to join a growing business within a fast moving, client focused commercial environment. You will join a team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology. Working with a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries.
You will play a pivotal role in the delivery of a diverse range of ecological surveys and assessments.
Your role will include:
- Undertake a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys including more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation. This will involve ensuring that work is delivered on time and is delivered to the client's satisfaction.
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing.
- Liaising with clients and statutory bodies.
- Write and produce concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Undertaking Ecological Impact Assessment and inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Project and client management, including the opportunity to develop own client relationships and be responsible for own projects.
- Help to achieve team sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, and assisting with tenders.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Educated to graduate level in a relevant subject
- Have at least one protected species survey licence, ideally bats, and have adequate experience to apply for derogation licences.
- CIEEM membership
- Experience of bat analysis software
- Have an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques
- Be commercially aware with experience of managing budgets
- Have excellent written communication skills and be able to produce accurate technical reports
- Manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards
- CSCS card holder
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org