An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Senior ecologist based in Wolverhampton / Oxford. The successful candidate will be expected to be competent in survey and mitigation techniques and have excellent knowledge of ecological impact assessments. You must be well versed in the office side of ecology and expected to have an interest in business development. It is vital that you have the managerial skills to oversee projects and organise a skilled team of ecologists.
Within this role you will be undertaking a range of ecological surveys including extended phase 1 habitat surveys and mitigation impact assessments. You will be expected to carry out comprehensive desk studies, research, and be competent with data management.
You will be giving assistance to clients in a variety of sectors and will be liaising with statutory bodies and local planning authorities.
You must have a good knowledge of relevant legislation to ensure ecological reports meet the needs of the clients.
You must have Ecological impact assessment experience and knowledge of inputting into ecological sections of EIA's.
You will be overseeing the ecological portion of many projects, and expected to provide support, mentor and inspire your team of ecologists working alongside you.
At all times you will be working with senior colleagues and will be expected to relay information between yourself, ecologists and third parties involved.
Within this position you will be working a large range of projects, ensuring diversification within your role.
As the successful applicant, you will be joining an international multidisciplinary Consultancy with offices in the UK, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. You will become a vital part of a strong team of ecologists that pride themselves on an outstanding quality of work.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Minimum of 4 years of ecological consultant experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of survey techniques.
- Experience of leading projects.
- Willingness to mentor and inspire assistant ecologists.
- Experience of liaising with clients, statutory bodies and local planning authorities.
- Commercial awareness of the industry.
- Knowledge of Ecological impact assessments
- Excellent understanding of legislative and planning policy framework as it relates to ecology and nature conservation.
- A protected species License, bat preferable.
- Knowledge of bat analysis software.
- Have at least one protected species license, preferably bat or GCN.
- A degree and/ or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- A Full UK driving licence is required for this position
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com