An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Senior ecologist based in Essex. The successful candidate will have what it takes to oversee projects whilst providing support to a team of skilled ecologists. The candidate will be competent with modern survey techniques and well versed in report writing.
Within this role you will be expected to undertake a range of Protected species surveys, both simple and complex, providing assistance to a variety of sectors including land management and local planning authorities.
You will have the lead on many projects, and expected to provide support, mentor and inspire your team of ecologists working alongside you.
You will be expected to provide ecological support to clients and project management teams whilst liaising back and forth with your senior colleagues.
You will be tasked with producing reports, tenders and quotations, so it is vital the successful candidate is well versed in the office aspects of ecology as well as the in the field.
A broad and in-depth understanding of survey techniques is required to tackle the range of projects you will be working on. The ability to understand, identify and resolve issues is vital.
As the successful applicant, you will be part of a highly skilled, professional team of ecologists that pride themselves on an outstanding quality of work.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an ecological consultant role.
- Broad knowledge of survey techniques.
- Experience of leading projects.
- Willingness to mentor and inspire assistant ecologists.
- Effective communication to clients and stakeholders.
- Commercial awareness of the industry.
- At least one protected species licence.
Desirable experience required for the role
- Risk assessment and method statement production experience.
- Experience of EIA and HRA.
- Experience in production of EPS mitigation/ low impact class licenses to natural England.
- A class 2 protected species license.
- A degree and/ or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- A Full UK driving licence is required for this position
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com