An exciting new position has arisen for a senior ecologist based out of Southampton. As the successful candidate you will be overseeing ecological operations on projects ranging from construction to infrastructure. You will have influence over your junior colleagues and have the ability to influence your work place culture.
Within this role you will be tasked with overseeing ecological projects, with a good deal of your work involving highway supervision, both day and night.
You will be expected to manage and mentor your junior members of staff and help their development as junior ecologists. You must also provide support and assistance with general wellbeing to your peers.
You will be expected to be well versed in desktop studies and highly experienced in site and habitat surveying. Consequently a comprehensive knowledge of field survey methods and report writing is a must. Knowledge and experience of protected species mitigation is imperative.
As the successful candidate you will become a vital part of an award winning consultancy that serves a large range of industries, from construction to infrastructure. Our client has an excellent reputation for delivering the highest quality environmental solutions to clients and are striving to develop innovations within the environmental field.
Skills/Experience required for the role
* Experience of ecological consultancy (minimum of 3 years).
* Holder of NE Licences.
* Holder of NE Mitigation Licences (desirable).
* Extended Phase 1 habitat and protected species survey skills.
* Excellent report writing skills, ability to provide clear and concise information.
* Proven client communication skills.
* Willingness to travel within the UK.
* The ability to bring a second discipline would be a distinct advantage (eg, arboriculture or landscape management)
- A Bachelor degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification i.e. MSc.
- Preferably a member of a professional body, working toward their chartered status.
- Full UK driving license.
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com