An Exciting position has arisen for a Senior Ecologist. This is a chance to work for a Consultancy with an excellent reputation.
The post will involve:
- Efficient management and delivery of ecology and related multi-disciplinary projects across a range of sectors.
- Coordination of field surveys and deliverables for a range of client projects.
- Undertaking field surveys across a range of sites (including Phase 1 and Extended Phase 1 Habitat surveys and protected species surveys).
- Production of high quality, robust written documents, including survey reports, PEAs, EcIAs and ES Ecology Chapters for a range of development proposals.
- Acting as day-to-day client interface.
- Co-ordination of specialist sub-consultants as required.
- Developing new business opportunities and writing quotes/ tender proposals for relevant projects across a range of sectors.
- Mentoring junior staff members in areas of expertise, both within the ecology team and across the company.
You will have:
- A relevant degree(s) and full membership of CIEEM. Chartered status an advantage.
- At least 6 years relevant consultancy experience, with proven experience in the following key areas:
- Management of commercial projects to time and budget
- Working on high-profile, complex projects, identifying and implementing solutions to issues as they arise
- Production of robust Ecological Impact Assessment Reports (to CIEEM standards) and Ecology Chapters of Environmental Statements
- Preparation of EPS licence applications (as the named ecologist) for bats and GCN/ dormouse is essential
- Holder of protected species survey licences, including bats (at least Class 2; BLICL a distinct advantage), GCN and dormouse
- Experience of calculating Biodiversity Net Gain using the Defra Metric 2.0
- A thorough understanding of the UK planning system and supporting relevant UK and European legislation and policy.
- Experience of reviewing reports produced by junior colleagues for quality and technical accuracy and providing constructive feedback.
- Excellent attention to detail.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org