Senior Ecologist/ Regional Manager - Surrey
A new opportunity for an experienced senior ecologist in Farnham has arisen. As the successful candidate, you will be experienced in project management and what it takes to lead and mentor your own team. You will be motivated in business expansion and development and have experience with budget management, fee proposals and tenders.
An extensive knowledge is required of field survey techniques for all species and habitats and experience with EPS licencing.
This role will involve delivering a high standard of project management that will include managing budgets, preparation and delivery of proposals, EPS reports and collaborating with design teams to devise ecological mitigation and enhancement strategies.
You will also be expected to oversee the financial and business management responsibilities to continue the company growth.
The Job will still involve a large portion of field work and surveying to ensure that ecologists stay true to their roots. This will also involve report writing, ensuring all stakeholders are kept up to date whilst working on projects. Our client understands, no matter how senior the role, ecologist still enjoy being out in the field.
Our client is currently in the process of launching an exciting re-wilding project to give something back to surrounding ecosystems; successful candidates will get a chance to have involvement within these projects.
As the successful applicant, you will lead the southern team of skilled ecologist, based in Farnham, whilst working in conjunction with the south-western team. As Regional Manager you will be in control of a dynamic range of projects and support the delivery of innovative strategies.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in ecological consultancy.
- Appropriate protected species licenses.
- Working knowledge of the planning and construction industry.
- Knowledge of UK/ EU wildlife legislation.
- A personal and professional interest in UK Wildlife.
- Commercial awareness of the industry.
- Proven experience of Producing technical reports, EPSM licences and tenders.
- Effective communication to third parties and colleagues.
- To be able to handle a fast paced work environment.
- The ability to mentor and manage a team.
- A degree and/ or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Associate or full member of CIEEM.
- A Full UK driving licence is required for this position.
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com