An exciting new position has arisen for a senior ecologist based out of Bristol. As the successful candidate you will be overseeing ecological operations on projects ranging from Energy to residential. You will have influence over your work place culture and be able to take the ecological lead on a diverse portfolio of projects.
Within this role you will be responsible for leading, managing and delivering ecology projects across a range of challenging and exciting sectors, with a focus on mineral extraction, renewable energy and residential work.
You will be expected to manage and mentor your junior members of staff and aid their development as junior ecologists. You must also provide support and assistance with general wellbeing to your peers.
You will be expected to be well versed in desktop studies and highly experienced in site and habitat surveying. Consequently a comprehensive knowledge of field survey methods and report writing is a must. Knowledge and experience of protected species mitigation is imperative.
As the successful candidate you will become a vital part of an award winning consultancy that serves a large range of industries, such as renewable energy, hydrology and drainage, and mineral extraction. Our client has an excellent reputation for delivering creative and innovative solutions to the highest standard. You will be joining the smaller Bristol team of ecologists, within which there is a laid back and friendly work place culture. My client strives themselves upon employee satisfaction and has ensured project diversity within the role.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Experience of ecological consultancy (minimum of 4 years).
- Holder of one or more protected species licences.
- Excellent knowledge of UK and EC wildlife legislation and policy.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of extended Phase 1 habitat and protected species survey skills.
- Excellent report writing skills, ability to provide clear and concise information.
- Proven client, third party and stakeholder communication skills.
- Willingness to travel within the UK.
- Excellent project management skills including financial control of projects, strong client liaison abilities and coordinating a team effort.
- Strong technical skills in one or more specialist areas.
- Initiative and drive, with a positive attitude and a desire to help grow a successful consultancy.
- A Bachelor degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification i.e. MSc.
- Preferably a member of a professional body, working toward their chartered status.
- Full UK driving license.
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com