|Job Title:||Senior Ecologist- Buckinghamshire|
|Contact Name:||Callum Graham|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Are you a self-motivated and enthusiastic ecologist looking for that next step? Are you ready to become a vital part of a nationwide team of highly skilled, professionals? Our client is currently looking for experienced Senior Ecologist to join their Buckinghamshire based team.
Within this role you will be working as part of a supportive and experienced team.
You will be tasked with providing technical support to a range of projects. It is vital that the successful candidate is well versed in habitat and species surveys. You will be working on mitigation and translocation projects so experience in these fields are crucial.
You will be required to have well rounded knowledge of the current planning system and environmental legislation and be able to communicate effectively to colleagues, third parties and stakeholders.
You must be willing to contribute to a positive workplace culture and eager to mentor, train and help further the ecological knowledge of your junior peers.
You will be expected to have brilliant written communication and will be expected to complete detailed reports, proposals and tenders.
As the successful applicant, you will become part of an incredibly successful consultancy team, with the opportunity to work a diverse range of projects.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Proven consultancy experience.
- Track record of management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of survey techniques.
- Experience of leading projects.
- Willingness to mentor and help develop assistant ecologists.
- Experience of liaising with senior colleagues, third parties and stakeholders.
- Commercial awareness of the industry.
- Two protected species licenses.
- Excellent understanding of environmental legislation and planning policy.
- A mitigation license is desired.
- A degree and/ or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- A Full UK driving licence is required for this position.
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com