Senior Ecologist - Cambridge
About the Role
Due to a growing workload, a new position has arisen for a Senior Grade Ecologist. You will be working in an innovative team with a number of interesting projects. You will need to have experience working on extended Phase 1 habitat survey along with expertise in protected species surveys and, preferably, a holder of at least one European protected species survey licence.
A typical week would include:
- Planning and undertaking ecology surveys including Extended Phase 1 habitat surveys and protected species surveys. Next year there will be opportunities to get involved with a range of surveys including: bat radiotracking surveys, bird surveys and a range of aquatic surveys.
- Preparation of tenders and a range of ecological deliverables including; Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecology Chapters, Ecological Management Plans and Reports to support Habitats Regulation Assessments
- Client liaison and project management
- Consultation and negotiation with regulators and stakeholders
- Fantastic training opportunities both internally and externally allowing you to develop your career as a professional ecologist in a supportive environment.
- An appropriate academic qualification in a related discipline and are member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Experience in ecological consultancy having already developed your core field and reporting skills and are now ready for the next step in your career
- Experience in extended Phase 1 habitat survey along with expertise in protected species surveys and, preferably, a holder of at least one European protected species survey licence
- The ability to take a lead role in undertaking protected species surveys and communicate the requirements to other team members
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant wildlife legislation and ecological survey methodologies
- Experience in delivering EcIA and knowledge of HRA
The position offers a great chance to learn and develop. Flexibility, a great work life balance. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org