Senior Ecologist - Cardiff
My Client is a high-end consultancy looking to expand their established ecology team within their Cardiff office, you'll be working on a variety of exciting high-end projects, working across some of the biggest infrastructure schemes and most complex projects in the country.
Your role will also include working closely with our clients, both externally and internally within other Arup groups, seeking out opportunities to further develop the business, at regional and national scales. You will be a practical and pragmatic individual, able to respond to client needs and develop innovative solutions to challenging problems.
* Extensive technical experience in a range of ecological and protected species surveys
* Management of individuals, teams and projects and proven success of working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
* Experience in liaising with and managing clients and developing business
* Demonstrable skills in ecological impact assessment (EcIA), mitigation, and enhancement, and strategic-level planning, including Habitats Regulations Assessments (HRA)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* The ability to work collaboratively will be essential
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and to work on multiple projects
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office range of software and tablet technology
* Full driving licence
* Bachelor Degree in Ecology or related subject. Master's Degree or PhD would be advantageous
* Full membership of CIEEM. Chartered Status preferable
* Typically over five years' professional ecology experience in a consultancy environment
Desirable skills and knowledge
* Holder of protected species survey and/or development licences for (bats, great crested newts, dormice etc.)
* Experience in Phase 2 vegetation survey work, notably NVC
* Experience in major habitat creation projects and biodiversity offsetting
?To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!